At Sasseur Asset Management Pte. Ltd. ("SAMPL" or "we" or "our"), the manager of Sasseur REIT, the confidentiality and security of your personal data are of paramount importance to our business.
SAMPL complies with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the "Act") in respect of the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal data. In particular, we will ensure that:
- only fair, proper and legitimate means are employed to collect personal data;
- personal data collected and used is accurate;
- personal data is protected by appropriate safeguards and made available only to authorised persons; and
- you have the right to access and request correction of your personal data.
This Statement of Personal Data Protection (the "Statement") explains how SAMPL collects, uses, and discloses your personal data. Please read it carefully and contact us with any questions using the information provided in Section 6, below.
1. Personal Data Protection Principles
In handling your personal data, we abide by the following personal data protection principles:
A. Notification of purpose and consent
- Unless otherwise required or permitted by law, we will notify you of the purposes for which we intend to collect, use or disclose your personal data. This will occur on or before the time of the collection, use or disclosure. We limit the personal data we collect to that which is necessary for, or related to, these purposes.
- Unless otherwise required or permitted by law, we will only collect, use or disclose personal data with your consent.
- You may withdraw your consent for us to collect, use and disclose your personal data.
B. Access and correction
- Upon request, we will provide you with access to your personal data and information about the ways in which your personal data may have been used or disclosed in the past year, as required or permitted by laws.
- You may also verify the accuracy and completeness of your personal data, and request that it be amended, if appropriate. We will respond to these requests in accordance with our personal data practices and policies and in accordance with the law.
- We aim to keep our records of your personal data accurate and up to date as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the data was collected and used. For this reason, you are required to update your personal data by informing us of any changes as promptly as you can.
- We will protect your personal data with security safeguards that are reasonable and appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal data, in order to protect it from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
- SAMPL complies with applicable regulatory requirements with respect to the retention of personal data.
- We have designated individuals who are responsible for monitoring our ongoing compliance with the Act. (See Section 6, below.)
- We will make information about our personal data protection policies, practices, and complaint process available to you through this Statement, and upon request.
2. Notice pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2012
A. Personal data
We may collect from you:
- General identification and contact information (name, telephone number, age, date of birth, gender, etc.);
- Information from cookies, or similar technologies, in order to enable or enhance the functionality of our websites, or to analyse visitor traffic for marketing or other purposes;
- images, photographs, videos, CCTV footage, voice recordings and electronic communications;
B. How we use personal data
The purposes for which your personal data may be collected or used will vary depending on the nature of your relationship with us. For example, we may use your personal data to:
- confirm your identity and uniquely identify you;
- confirm the accuracy of the information collected;
- communicate with you and respond to your queries or instructions;
- provide you with ongoing information and services;
- detect, investigate, and prevent fraud, or other unlawful or improper activities;
- comply with all legal and regulatory requirements within and outside Singapore including disclosures to judicial, regulatory, government, statutory authorities, and industry entities;
- resolve complaints, and handle requests for data access or correction;
- conduct compliance monitoring and audit reviews;
- compile statistics to design and improve products and services, or participate in industry exercises and studies;
- design, promote, improve and further the provision of our products or services;
- conduct checks with the National Do Not Call Registry and our internal Do Not Call Registry;;
C. To whom we disclose personal data
Personal data held by us will be kept confidential.
3. Withdrawal of Consent
- You may withdraw consent for us to collect, use or disclose your personal data for any purpose (e.g., send you any marketing messages) by contacting us directly. Upon receipt of your notice to withdraw consent, we will inform you of the likely consequences of the consent withdrawal. In some cases, withdrawing your consent may have an impact on our ability to provide products and services to you.
- Most web browsers are initially set to accept cookies. You can adjust settings on your web browser so that you will be notified when receiving a cookie. If you would prefer, you can set your web browser to disable cookies. However, by disabling them, you may not be able to use certain functions or enter certain parts of our websites.
5. Changes to Statement of Personal Data Protection
- We reserve the right to modify or change this Statement at any time. The date as stated below indicates the last time this Statement was materially revised. If we make any material changes to the Statement, we will notify you on this webpage or by other means such as a statement insert.
- We urge you to review this webpage periodically to read and understand our latest policy regarding the handling of your personal data.
6. Contact Information
- For any complaints, questions, concerns about our personal data protection policies and practices, withdrawal of consent, or to request access to, update or correct the personal data within our possession and control, please contact:
The Data Protection Officer of Sasseur Asset Management Pte. Ltd.
7 Temasek Boulevard
#06-05, Suntec Tower One